Sunday, December 08, 2013

Day 8




Yes, that is a geiger counter in the background.

Another home run with the beer.  Although the beer is half frozen since it's been sitting out in my garage.  Rough weather when you have to put beer in the fridge to keep it warm.

Couple 'o locals who have been watching and growing more and more jealous of the Beer Advent Calendar.  They're going to do a shorter version jiving with the 12 days of christmas.

Peter M entered a new age group yesterday and I drank a few beers with him to celebrate.  It's getting harder and harder to find ugly christmas sweaters at Goodwill so I went with a cheesey sailboat and seagull sweatshirt instead.  FYI, Peter is one of four drinkers currently committed to 365 different beers in 2014.


Not only do we look fancy, but we were drinking some fancy shit as well.  Vintage '13!


Finally got my ass out of the house today.  As you can see, it was a pretty low turnout for the Incline Club.


I went and did half the Incline.  I'm chasing GZ's number of Green summits so I wanted to do the whole thing, as the halfer only counts as a big goose egg.  But a quarter of the way up my fingers and toes were in pain and I was having trouble blinking (can your eyeballs freeze?).  I figured it was better to owe GZ a few beers than it was to have to require hospitalization for frostbite (with the added kick in the balls of still owing him a few beers as I doubt I'll catch him).  I am currently at 46 trips up and down the Incline for 2013, slightly behind Roger Austin.

Been reading more and more bike stuff lately, and this is the current fiasco going on over in that world.  Eventually, a few years from now, I'll be in the market for a new middle-of-the-road mountain bike, and it certainly won't be from specialized.  Who the hell goes around picking fights with members of the Canadian military?


7 comments:

GZ said...

As I have not made the green monster challenge, the yellow beer challenge or the burger challenge, I am too practical to think I will make the 365 beer challenge ... 100 would probably be a very large challenge for me. What are the rules? 365 in 365 or does it have to be 1 a day?

51 Greens here. Will look to get 52 this week just to get that 1 a week number done. JV is closing in on 170.

mtnrunner2 said...

You guys and your hills. I guess that's the difference between someone goal-oriented... and me.

I do believe I saw Mr. Curlystache at a brewery outside Salida, aka Elevation. I thought he looked familiar, but this introvert was unwilling to plow through his entourage to verify.

I'm going to trademark the word "earth" and live off the legal booty the rest of my life.

Shad Mika said...

Yeah what are the rules for the 365 challenge. I think I would be game for that.

brownie said...

One different beer every day for 2014. You can't make it up, i.e., no drinking seven different beers on Saturday after being a wuss all week.

We were drinking some Elevation at Peter's as well. You should have introduced yourself, I'm the only douchebag in his entourage!

Shad Mika said...

Rules I am pondering.


Drink as many different beers as you can in one year.

Minimum alcohol content must be 3.3% and above

You can count more than one different beer each day and you can take days off

You must drink the whole beer – taking a sip of someone else’s beer doesn’t count, nor do tasting paddles (eg. a selection of 5 beers in 90ml serves) nor does drinking half a can and throwing the rest out because you don't like it

Home brew is ok

brownie said...

Shad, you can be the Killian of our contest! Just make your own rules. And the 3.3% thing is even worse than salomon spandex.

Shad Mika said...

Yeah we all know how much you love your 3.2% PBR from the gas station which is why we need this rule.