Tuesday, January 26, 2010

slow

Mon PM - 8.5 miles with the Trinity Soul Runners. 1:16. Had to stop and take a leak, and when I returned the main pack had left me. Unable to catch up.

Tues AM - 7 miles with the PPRR Sunrise Striders. 63 minutes total. 4 miles of tempo in Bear Creek Park. Guys I normally beat crushed me today. Hell, girls who never beat me crushed me today. Yeti even finished in front of me. Thank gawd John O didn't show up, he probably would have beaten me as well.

These two stinkers on top of a sub par race on Saturday. Been running a ton of miles, for me anyways, and it's leaving me stale on the faster paced stuff. 340 miles in December was my biggest month ever, and it looks like I'll top that this month. Probably go for another huge month in February before backing off to work on my sub-three speed for Boston. Might have to hit the track a little more often though, while I'm happy to be building a great base for the upcoming summer, I don't want to go getting too slow.

6 comments:

ultrarunner (Brian Philpot) said...

A good base, but you don't want to work yourself sick.

Yeti said...

Quit yer bitching and drink for whining

zagbag said...

I'm taking the 'less is more' approach to January and generally follow this rule all the time. Gratuitous miles are...gratuitous!

brownie said...

Just like gratuitous sex, I'm enjoying the gratuitous miles. And that's what's important. I'd just like to do 'em a bit faster. And not lose to the posers like Yeti.

MW said...

Please keep running yourself to the ground at those lightning fast tempo paces. 7 miles in 63 minutes of which 4 were at tempo? You're doing a heck of a job!

brownie said...

It's that kind of training that allows me to match your marathon PR while drunk!