Thursday, January 28, 2010

quote of the day

Another good one from the "I Love to Run" facebook page.

Some think guts is sprinting at the end of a race. But guts is what got you there to begin with. Guts start back in the hills with 6 miles to go and you're thinking of how you can get out of this race without anyone noticing. Guts begin when you still have forty minutes of torture left and you're already hurting more than you ever remember.

- George Sheehan


Hell yeah, anything to take the focus off the last 100 meters of a race, as sprinting ain't exactly my strong point.

5 comments:

Harsha said...

I was expecting a jab back from Fast Eddy by now.

brownie said...

I'm slow, but not so slow as to be outkicked by a masters runner.

Hone said...

great quote!

Unknown said...

You're kidding me right?? Any time, any day, any distance Browneye! How bout Saturday after our 20 mile run?? Unless you and Grimes have a 'special' training session planned

brownie said...

I'll be in Durango. But don't you worry, there's talk of a CRUD beer mile coming up...