Sunday, January 03, 2010

2009, part I

Another awesome year in the books. A few of the highlights from the first half:

January - Great trip to Hueco Tanks, bagged Guadalupe Peak, survived TexMex, nearly froze to death at the Leadville snowshoe run and high altitude MOPP hash. Also drank a lot of beer. Great kickoff to the year!

February - Highlighted by my 3:04 at Austin, qualifying for Boston (and beating Wiley!) despite training in Colorado at 10 minutes per mile pace. Also had a retardedly great time hanging and drinking with old friends at great places in A-town.

March - Lots of running, lots of drinking, and my fourth Salida marathon.

April - Kicked off the month by running a course record at the Earth Day 5K, won two passes to the Mile High Music Festival, was named to PARAB, ran the Desert R.A.T.S. 50 miler, completed the Grand Canyon R2R2R, and went to a bunch of mountain breweries. And yelled at my computer screen while watching Kara Goucher's heroic effort at Boston.

May - Hot date with Mrs. Arizona. Blazed 1:31:29 at my first Bolder Boulder. Finished Jemez Mountain. Saw Bob Schneider at Santa Fe Brewing. Busted out an 18:40 at the Alex Hoag 5K. Finished Collegiate Peaks in 9:13. Also saw a lot of live music and drank a lot of beer.

June - A Sand Dunes hash weekend that included another 14er and fucking turtles. I married someone. Big Sam's Funky Nation. Got my new truck. I read a book. Big Head Todd at Red Rocks. Almost froze on the Mt. Evans road. Oh yeah, and I got drunk a lot.

4 comments:

ultrarunner (Brian Philpot) said...

Happy New Year! That's a good year of running and drinking beer!

Jeremy said...

not enough drinking last year. I think one of your goals this year should be to improve in that area.

katie said...

what month did you get stranded on a 14er?

brownie said...

I was not stranded. I just decided to spend the night.