Monday, August 31, 2009

Pb final thoughts...

-Some days you have it, some days you don't. Didn't run as well as I thought I could. I guess I can't really complain about a four hour PR and my first big buckle though. But I'll be faster next year. I think I have a 21-22 hour run in me at Leadville.

-No rest for the weary. I think I can significantly lower my hundred mile PR at Oil Creek in October. After spending so much time over the past few years worrying about Hardrock and Leadville, it was almost comical looking at the course profile for OC. Really looking forward to that race, we'll see what happens when I switch from PBR to Yuengling and Iron City.

-I've told anyone who would listen that once I completed the Hardrock/Leadville double I would attempt the Rocky Mountain Slam. So 2010 has the makings of an epic year: a PR attempt at Boston followed by Bighorn, Hardrock, Leadville, and the Bear. All depends on whether or not I get into Hardrock again, I have a nagging suspicion that I'm due to flunk the lottery one of these years...

-Speaking of epic years, I just took down the "to-do" list from my office wall. Austin marathon. Salida marathon. Grand Canyon R2R2R. Desert RATS. Collegiate Peaks. Jemez Mountain. Hardrock. Pikes Peak. Leadville. What a great year it's been!

-Hardrock is obviously the harder course, with at least nine climbs worse than Hope Pass. But it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as Leadville.

-Love this quote over here. "F.A.A. rules state that a pilot flying above 10,000’ for longer than thirty minutes needs to be on supplemental oxygen. At the Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run, I’d be well above 10,000’. For thirty hours. Running."

-Glad to see minimal whining about the course change. My heart really goes out to those people affected by the helicopter crash.

No comments: