Wednesday, August 05, 2009

holy crap, another book!

Forgot that I read Bart Yasso's book earlier this year, so I'm now up to three books in 2009 and I'm currently reading another one about the history of Leadville's miners! I need to get a life!

Anywho, good book, lots of cool stories about running, but I find better stuff reading the blogs of local trail runners. Basically the book is what my blog would be if Runner's World gave me a no-limit credit card and told me I wasn't allowed to mention booze or women. I did like the chapter on the Yasso 800's, since I do that workout a lot during the winter months. And a lot of the ultra peeps will enjoy the chapter about Badwater.

Good, quick read. Worth the time, but not really worth forking over 20 bones. I am more than willing to lend it out. The first ten seconds are free, but any longer than that and you'll owe me a beer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you that it's an interesting little read, but I've read much better running books recently. It just seemed kind of flat.

Carie said...

Damn! You're catching up to me on the yearly book reading. I haven't opened my July/Aug book though. The whole, having a life thing, is getting in the way.