Monday, January 06, 2014

beer #6


Obviously I did not run this morning.  It was painful enough just taking out the garbage.

But I did get out in the evening.  First Red Mountain run of the new year.  Joined by BLOS, Marc, and the dog.  It was at least 33 degrees warmer in the evening than it was in the morning.

Followed a bit of the Yiannis Kouros junk today (you can see the statement here).  I'm not going to say the guy ain't a tool, but I think it's funny that so many ultra folks are calling him out.  He used the same lame excuses we heard from anyone involved with Leadville this year, but of course in that case it wasn't the runners fault, it was all big, bad Lifetime Fitness.  Complaining about dust in Arizona is no worse than complaining about Hopeless running out of water when A) there is a lake next to Hopeless; B) the next three-ish miles after Hopeless follow a stream; and C) after the stream there is a river crossing deep enough to require a rope for assistance.  And Yiannis perceived slight towards the winner of the race is nothing compared to every runner who complained about "all those other runners getting in my way" during the Hope Pass out and back.

Found beer number six at Red Rock Liquor tonight.  Read about it over here.  Pretty sure they stole this silhouette on the logo from my performance over the final few miles of the Front Range Gravel Grinder a bunch of us did a few months ago.  Still thinking of heading up to Boulder on Saturday to catch some of the cross action.  Maybe I can find someone from the Springs to join me?  Anywho, pretty good brew, and I could see myself polishing off a few cans of this if it weren't a school night.


I even made a movie about tonight's beer.

No comments: