Friday, January 24, 2014

beer #24

Incline #6 with the dog tonight.  Perfect weather for January.  Round trip took us 90 minutes.

Winter Series II tomorrow, then hoping to get up to Denver for some goofing off.  Carpenter Peak in Rox SP, Salvagetti Bikes, and a new brewery to cross off the list.  I'm in the market for a steel 29er hardtail.  I'm heavily leaning towards the Salsa El Mariachi but I'll listen up if anyone has other recommendations.  Probably continue to crush the Klein through the winter then pick up the new wheeles in the Spring.  The Klein has been an awesome bike since I bought her in 2005 but I'm not sure she could survive through the Pb100.  I bought that bike right when I got back from my tour in Iraq - when most of my Army buddies were buying Harley Davidsons.

Beer number 24 was the All American Red Ale from Centennial Beer Company.  Looks like it's an offshoot of Crazy Mountain Brewing?



1 comment:

Andy said...

Good to see you are looking for a more appropriate ride. That will increase your odds of dropping of the series later rather than sooner. :) I am switching over to the hard tail but will keep the full suspension as a back up and to be honest, I am not 100% convinced that I want to do the SR50MTBR without the benefit of a little more cushion.