Saturday, January 04, 2014

beer #4

Not doing a damn thing today.  Hopefully I'm on the back end of this cold and a day of sloth will finally help me kick it.  Picked a great day for it, as it's below 20 degrees and windy and snowy outside.

Decided to bail on the San Juan Solstice and instead head up to Bighorn country to get wasted at the Crazy Woman Saloon help Shad get his ass through that race.  Will surely be missing the SJS, and that makes two annual trips to the San Juans we won't be taking this year, but I owe Shad big for all the times he got me through Hardrock.  $100 and I had a blast last time we went up to Bighorn, so it's not a total loss.  Looks like our only trip to SW Colorado this year will be for Telluride Blues & Brews.  I know, we lead such a deprived life.

Also told Liz I'd pace her up at Run Rabbit Run.  Hopefully she has better luck than the last guy I went up there to pace.

Speaking of pacing, I'm looking for pacers for the Leadville 10K.  I need six folks capable of keeping at least a 12 minute-per-mile pace, and I already have five year old AJ lined up for the last .2 miles.  This is on top of Brandon following me in his hummer with a camera crew and all their equipment for the documentary.  And GZ running beside me with a burro carrying a fully stocked aid station and an oversized Colorado state flag.

Beer for today was the Hop Happy IPA from the Milwaukee Brewing Company.  Good stuff.  $100 brought this back from a recent trip to Madison.  Milwaukee is a great city if you're in to beer drinking, FYI.


7 comments:

Jeremy said...

I'll pace you with my kid in his backpack thing.

Jeremy said...

I missed it, is this a 365 beer challenge?

brownie said...

Yes. One different beer every day in '14.

Jeremy said...

I have some to contribute for you then. I'll bring them to WS1

MadMarmot said...

No muling at the leadville 10k allowed,and no cutting switchbacks.

GZ said...

Who is MadMarmot?

JT - I don't pace runners anymore. I pace pacers to make sure they are taken care of.

And muling may not be allowed, but burro-ing is.

Andy said...

You got a long ways to go before worrying about that 10K. First things first. If I get into the 100 MTB I am doing the 10K just to show you how it is done. The question is will you have a faster time than my mom who did it last year at age 65... There's a goal for ya!