Friday, March 18, 2011

Traveler @ Red Rocks!

Despite the snow on my front lawn this morning, summer is officially here for me as the annual Blues Traveler July 4th Red Rocks show was announced. Speaking of the fourth of July, rumors have the next round of the Brandon/brownie feud taking place at the Firecracker 5K in Leadville...

The Gin Blossoms and Quiet Riot are headlining Copper Sunsation. Intrigued by Quiet Riot but I doubt I'll make the drive up there this year.

Been a while since anyone has mentioned burger wars, but here is the CS Indy's take on Springs area burgers. I've had every burger on the list save for the one at the Famous, and that's because I don't own any clothes nice enough to be allowed in there. My list of best burgers:

1. King's Chef
2. Bingo Burger
3. Cy's

It's a big drop from #2 to #3, and a humongous leap to get to #4.

5 comments:

Digger said...

My better half and I are going to M-Burger in Toronto tomorrow, home of the $100 Hamburger. I will not be ordering it,I'm too Scottish, plus, I can think of a lot better ways to spend $100 than buying a hamburger,and so can Portage.
Poor Louisville, sad photo of Rick Pitino and the Cardinal Mascot in our local paper.

brownie said...

Why would a hamburger cost $100? How much extra is bacon and cheese?

Digger said...

http://www.torontolife.com/daily/daily-dish/opening-daily-dish/2011/01/11/introducing-mbrgr-home-of-the-100-burger/

Unknown said...

Have you had the burgers at Drifters or Colorado Wines? If The Keg had fried they would get my vote!

brownie said...

Drifter's isn't bad. Strong second tier burger. Not sure what all the fuss over Wines of CO is about, their burgers are average at best.