Wednesday, March 02, 2011

quote of the day

Stolen from letsrun. Currently the heavy favorite for quote of the year.

Quote Of The Day

"Every time I run it's with the mindset that if I die at this race it's OK."

- LRC legend Yuki Kawauchi, the 13:59, 29:02 amateur runner who ran a stunning 2:08:37 marathon in Tokyo this past weekend and then fainted at the finish. Although it is a cultural tradition in Japan to fall to the ground at the end of a race, like Ritz in high school, Kawauchi has run six marathons and ended up in the medical area after 5 of them

3 comments:

Hone said...

great quote! It makes me feel like a puss because of my weak race efforts.

Of course it is harder to justify dying to win 50k with only 30 people entered than running a 2:08 marathon and then dying.

My quote would be

"Every time I run it's with the mindset that when it starts to hurt to back off and walk it in."

Brooks said...

Running to the bathroom at work today almost killed me.

Local Mind Media said...

"Every time I run it's with the mindset that if I die at this race it's better than crapping my shorts."

walkleadville.com
that was goddamn funny.
unfortunately, everyone walks at leadville.