Friday, May 22, 2009

small world...

Last year some friends and I went rafting down the Royal Gorge. It was a record snow year and the melt made for some epic conditions on the river (it was much worse than anything I've seen on Penns Creek, that's for sure). The boat behind us fliped over and the only one to stay on the raft was the guide. One of the gals dumped into the water broke her leg. Anywho, the guide on that boat? None other than Kimchi hasher OCD! We didn't know each other at that time. The above pic was taken during that trip.

Starting to put together the plans for another raft trip. If you're interested, let me know. I'm pushing for the Numbers this year, as I've never done that section and there's a new brewery at the end. But if the pack wants to go back to the Gorge I'd definitely be down for that. Rest assured, the chances of breaking a leg during a rafting trip are relatively slim...

1 comment:

MW said...

if i'm not mistaken, Chances can be slim which means they're a longshot. But Odds being slim means they're great chances.
Odds need to be long to be longshots, or "nfar from good"

i.e.
2:1 vs 200:1

i may be wrong.
(sorry, bored at work)