Tuesday, May 26, 2009

four hour bonus?

Officially, I spent 155 minutes at the 12 aid stations at Hardrock. Unofficially, due to me checking out of most aid stations before going back to eat and rest (especially Ouray and Grouse Gulch, where I spent over an hour at each place before moving on), I easily spent at least twice that amount of my race at various aid stations.

I plan on taking no more than ten minutes per aid station this year. If that goes according to plan, that's over four hours I'll pick up during the race. Pretty big deal for me, since last year that woulda dropped me under the 40 hour mark.

1 comment:

aka Moogy said...

Yeah...sounds good. I am going to limit it to 10 at each except Ouray and Telluride where I am going to spend around 20-30. I KNOW that it is alot of time but I want to properly eat, take care of clothing items and an medical issues that may be going on. Some may be less than 10...water and outta there.