Wednesday, May 27, 2009

160

Decided it's finally time I start whittling down to my race goal weight of 160 pounds. There are only 44 more days 'till I toe the line at Silverton. I've been weighing in between 167 and 171 for over a month now. One would think it wouldn't be hard to drop 7 pounds in 1.5 months, but my dietary habits aren't exactly anywhere near decent, and I am unwilling to make any compromise in my alcohol consumption. I went into HR last year at 165 pounds, which worked out well, but I think I'd be better just a little lighter. Five pounds over 100 miles of mountains makes a pretty significant difference.

I'll start posting my weight when I can just to hold me accountable. I have a digital scale at my place. Katie has been unable to find a scale that can record her weight, so when I stay there I can't keep track. Which is a bad thing, since she is also the one who can cook and I eat a lot more at her place than mine.

Of course, the diet will start tomorrow, as there is free pizza and beer at the CRC tonight!

5 comments:

Carie said...

Fat ass.

Hone said...

I always try to gain a little with the longer races. It is the 10ks that you have to be bone thin to run fast.

You have 6 weeks of 200 mile training weeks to get it down. Piece of cake.

Jes said...

e Katie kicked you in the balls for that comment.

Jes said...

That was supposed to say 'I hope...' I don't know where the first few letters went.

brownie said...

I'm not exactly skin and bones at 160.

AA - Tony K has run 1000 miles in a month before, maybe I should go for his record. And next year I won't start training for HR until June!