Thursday, June 28, 2007

the wall

Another great day at the climbing gym over lunch.

Been on a new kick of doing at least 500 push-ups and 500 crunches every week, as I want to keep the highest PT score in my Air Force squadron. Most of these I accomplish at the wall, where I've been doing at least 100 of each, plus as many pull-ups as I can do (not very many), plus at least 25 minutes on the actual rock climbing wall.

Today, after doing a hard section of the wall and my first set of push-ups/crunches/pull-ups, I started the second half and was able to complete the entire thing without falling off or having to take a break! At this rate, within a few weeks I should be able to nail the entire wall on one try.

That workout was on top of a short (35 minutes) fartlek workout I did at 5:15AM. And I still have the regular Thursday Barr Trail workout coming up! Woohoo!

2 comments:

Jes said...

What're your vacation plans for next year? I'll be heading to Nepal...wanna go?

brownie said...

Sorry, I only vacation in Colorado!