Tuesday, June 26, 2007

slacker results

I've gotten a lot of comments and e-mail over my recent musings about switching to the shorter distances. Most folks tell me to stick with the ultra distances, but take a look at these stats from the Slacker, which I didn't even run at a race effort:

Time: 1:27:57 (6:43 per mile)
Overall finish: 12th (out of 587 finishers); 10th male out of 252 finishers
Age group 30-39: 3rd (out of 76 finishers)

Also beat all eight of the half marathon relay teams.

Overall it was a great event. Scenic downhill course, aid stations every two miles, Widespread Panic playing at the start, good food (including popsicles and Tommyknocker beer) at the end. Gonna try to get a better hash presence next year, including some relay teams.

2 comments:

MW said...

nicely done!

Lick My Lincoln said...

You got beat by a girl, huh?