Thursday, June 21, 2007

another brick in the wall

I've been going to the nearby indoor rock climbing wall over my lunch hour the past couple of weeks. I'm super lucky to be able to do this, by going four or five times a week I've been able to improve very quickly. Today I reached a milestone by finally nailing the one section I hadn't been able to do along the horizonal bouldering wall, which I do because I don't have a partner over lunch to rope in with. Next up I'll be working on being able to do the entire horizontal section without falling or stopping for a break. Might take me a while on that one.

On top of all the climbing, which is a killer workout in itself, I do at least 100 push ups and 100 sit ups while I'm there, as well as a bunch of different kinds of pull ups. In fact, today I was able to do my first three fingered pull up, where you grab a rock with only three fingers of each hand. My goal is to be able to grip the door frame in my office and knock out some pull ups someday.

1 comment:

Jes said...

100 push ups?!? I'm jealous! They don't look hard, but they kill me. I have to do them in tae kwon do whenever I mess up, which is often. I hate them.