Saturday, January 21, 2006

Welcome to Colorado!



Got more snow in one night here than the seven years I spent in Texas combined!

The move to Colorado Springs has gone fine so far. Had perfect weather for the drive up. Thursday afternoon it started snowing, the first significant snowfall I've seen in years. Got to shovel sidewalks for the first time since I was a kid.

The apartment is pretty cool. Two bedrooms, a kitchen, a big living room, pleanty of crash space for anyone. Landlord seems pretty cool too, when I met him at the house to get the keys he had a six pack of Mass Transit Ale from the local Bristol brewery waiting for me. Good stuff. New address is:

623 Alexander Apt. B Colorado Springs, CO 80909

Due to all the trees on my street, I can't really see Pikes Peak from my front yard. But when I leave the house running or driving I'm treated to this view:


Was able to snag a bartending gig at a local dive, Shot's, aka the Loser Bar. My first trip to the other side of the bar! Well, at least the first trip there that won't get me kicked out. Drank up a storm there last night, and made some new friends:


I'm sure I'll make a lot of new friends tomorrow, as I'm off to the Denver hash and post-hash AFC Championship game party. Of course, I'll be representing my Steelers and will be dressed head-to-toe in Black & Gold!

9 comments:

Rafael said...

dude, this is making me want to move to colorado

PlaysByEar said...

All that snow is reminding me why I won't ever!

PlaysByEar said...

By the way, karma's a bitch, ain't she? 55-50

Unknown said...

I CANT WAIT TO PELT YOUR ASS WITH A SNOWBALL IN 12 DAYS!!! GET READY FOR ME...AND IF I CATCH THAT 91 YEAR OLD ON YOU I WILL THROW ONE AT HER TOO!!!

PlaysByEar said...

kinky

Unknown said...

it is kinky when you think about the 91yr. old grandma after the snow melts and she is wet!

brownie said...

Gross...old cooch.

brownie said...

Karma? The three remaining unbeatens all lost today. Pitt just needs Wisconsin to keep winning to improve our strength of schedule. You cheeseballs losing to North Dakota Community College is bad for us.

Gagger said...

I can't believe you got treated to snow on your first day in Colorado. I'm so jealous!