Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Incline Club

Had my first workout with the Incline Club today. The IC is a pretty sick group of individuals, always looking for steeper and longer hills to run up. It was 20 degrees when I left at 7:30 this morning, so I figured not too many would show up. The scheduled workout was to run from Memorial Park in Manitou Springs, the start of the Pikes Peak Ascent and Marathon, up to Barr Camp and back. My plan was to run up for half an hour, then turn around and head back. Despite the temperature, about fifty people showed up, some of them even wearing shorts. I did pretty well, I was able to run for the whole half an hour, and it was thirty minutes of straight climbing on a snow and ice covered Barr trail, so I was happy. The altitude is still kicking my ass, but in another week or so I should be fine. Coming back down took me just as long, due to the ice. But it was good to finally get a sixty minute run in.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Now that looks like fun!