Tuesday, January 24, 2006

the new challenge



So I'm finally done being lazy after my Bandera adventure, decided on the next one. The San Juan Solstice 50 miler. Good thing I entered when I did. They only take 150 runners...and I'm number 150!


Should be pretty rough, several climbs over 13,000 feet, topping off at 13,334. But it's supposidly a pretty well run event, and I do love having my ass kicked.

Gonna go attempt the incline today, should be fun. I know it's tough to do in the summer, I'm not even sure it's doable with the recent snowfall.

8 comments:

Gagger said...

Damn, that's some serious elevation. You are on crack!

Spotty said...

That's the only way to handle elevation like that...on crack! or pot....

Spotty said...

Dude!! why am i not a link on your blog? do you not love me anymore?

Barbara said...

That run sounds like it will kick your ass dude...don't you have to double your H2O intake to offeset the elevation dehydration effect?

Rafael said...

Where are those pictures from?

babyG said...

Man I want to be you when I grow up...lol

brownie said...

The pics are from last year's race. What are you talking about WS, you're linked on my page...

Spotty said...

Oh dude..your "graph" (wtfiuwt???) is covering up the link for me & my sis....I see it now.