Tuesday, January 24, 2006

the incline


Just returned from the incline. As expected, it kicked my ass pretty good. At least I was able to get up it though. One mile long, over 2000 feet of elevation. It took me just over 39 minutes to make it. That's more than 34 minutes over my current PR for the mile. I believe that once I get back into shape and get used to the altitude, I'll be able to break half an hour though. Once at the top, I ran back down the Barr trail, about four miles. Slippery as hell on the trail, but it was fun. The views here are spectacular. Total time for the workout was 70 minutes.




You can see the incline in this pic, it's the path going straight up the mountain. It kinda takes your breath away when you're at the bottom, like you're about to go on a big roller coaster or jump out of a plane.










Another view, from the highway. You can see Pikes in the background. I've climbed Pikes, and at no point on the Barr trail is it near as steep as on the incline.

2 comments:

Rafael said...

Dayam! It would take me twice as long to cover that same distance. Not that I would, or could.

Unknown said...

are you serious we are doing this next week??? I might take a nap half way and let you wake me up when you get back to me! jk i am excited! if i pass out though can i get mouth to mouth? does that count for "mile high club" if we do it on top of the incline? i say do it and check later!