Saturday, November 12, 2005

Reimer's Ranch

Mountain biking out at Reimer's Ranch today. Beautiful trails! Did about 15 miles with the local mountain bike club. Reimer's would be considered intermediate, but due to my recent drought on the bike, there were a lot of obstacles that gave me troubles. I did make most of them though, including some steep drop offs and some gnarly downhill stuff. No major wrecks, no flats, nice weather, pretty great ride.

After the ride and a few post trail Fat Tires, I took a walk around. Down the creek to the rock climbers hangout, past Sex Cave, down to the rope swing at the Perdenales River. I'm so glad the recent vote went the right way, I couldn't bear the thought of a Starbucks or McDonald's opening up out here. Reimer's will officially become county property on Dec 15. $5 to get in, but well worth every penny. Hope to have a hash out there soon, and possibly another bash ride even sooner.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Never been to that ranch but it sounds very cool. It's on my agenda....

dayoldfish said...

well Reimer's has my vote

brownie said...

Way to be proactive, Fish. The election was last Tuesday, FYI.