Sunday, October 26, 2014

beer 299

Great day to be outside.  Took advantage of the weather to do my half marathon loop, about half of which is on the Sante Fe trail.  Was pretty sure the entire population of the Springs was either out running or biking or walking their dog.  Until I got to mile ten of my run, down near America The Beautiful Park, when I realized the entire population was dressed up as Waldo running a 5K.




Got to enjoy this up near the campus of Colorado College:


And of course I got to stare at our big mountain the entire loop.



Weather was too nice to stay inside, so after my run I took the mountain bike out.  Red Rock Canyon, White Acres, Gold Camp Road, Buckhorn, Cap't Jacks, and then back.  18+ miles.  Life is good.


Shortly after the ride, $100 went over to Red Leg for some brews to end the weekend.  They had a special beer on tap, the Brett Noire.


2 comments:

Andy said...

I am impressed that you haven't just laid the bike down after August... Seems that you have indeed embraced the dark side.

brownie said...

I think I've rode twice since Leadville that wasn't to get to work or a pub.