Sunday, October 26, 2014

beer 298

Great day all around on Saturday.  $100 and I were up early to for the Creepy Crawl, part of our local YMCA 5K race series.  It had been a long time since I raced a 5K, and it showed as I could only muster a 19:39.  Hit the first mile in 5:53 (downhill) but things quickly went to shit after that.  Hope to get that down to the mid-18s for the next race on turkey day.  Photos courtesy of Pikes Peak Sports.



Disappointing race but at least I was able to grab a few mascot pictures afterwards.


Had to bolt right after the race.  Did grab lunch at one of my favorite local burger joints, Cy's.  The joint is less than a mile from my house.  Bacon cheeseburgers and fries really hit the spot.


Then it was off to the Emma Crawford Coffin Races in Manitou.  Bunch of friends met at our house, then we biked over and proceeded to drink a shit ton of beer and booze.  Awesome time as usual.  Caught Joe Johnson at Kinfolk's, then went on a pub crawl.  Last  bar of the day was Manitou Brewing, where I had the Gourd Hoarder's Pumpkin.



3 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

I was just reflecting on my best 5k (21: 23 ) time and then I read this post. Looks like I got work to do. Weird thing is all my 5k's that were done not hungover were slower.

MadMarmot said...

Nice costume.

GZ said...

Whoa! With times like that I might be ready to race you again.