Wednesday, October 31, 2012

commute #44/NYC

Easy run to work today, 60 minutes, 6.5 miles.

So far our flight to NYC is still on.  Our classy hotel, The Jane, sits right next to the Hudson and I have no idea what's going on there.  But as long as we can get on a plane, we're going.

Very rough feelings about the marathon.  Part of me wants it to go on to show how quickly NYC can rebound from tough times.  The other part of me realizes it's asking way too much of the police, firefighters, and medical personnel to work a marathon on Sunday.  Sure glad I'm not Mary Wittenberg right now, she has some tough choices to make.

1 comment:

mike_hinterberg said...

With everything going on now, I can imagine the conflicting thoughts -- it's nice of you to mention it. But it'd be hard (and not necessarily helpful) to give up the opportunity. I wanted to go but couldn't swing the dough with WS as well.
What would be a useful message would be for NYRR to offer deferments, and hotels/airlines to offer rebooking.

So enjoy it anyway and good luck!