Thursday, October 14, 2010

33

Up late with the dog so I took a rest day and traveled by bus this morning. Read in the new Independent that 51% of the folks who ride the bus make less than 15 grand a year. There's a possibility of getting back some of the lost bus service next year, including Saturday service, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much what with the local gov't leaders in these parts. Once the folks at the OTC or the rich neighborhoods of the village hear there's more money out there, I'm sure they'll find a way to get it.

Anywho, commute #33 on the year, 10 for October. I'm up two on Jeremy, but he can gain one on Monday as I'm not working...

Here's a few of the "best of" awards I agree with the Indy:

Best Diner, Best Late Night Dining: King's Chef (Purple Castle)
Best Bang-For-Your-Buck Bar: Tony's (Benny's or the Royal Tavern would have been acceptable)
Best Bar For A Margarita: The Loop
Best Local Brewery: Bristol
Best Local Original Band: Grass It Up
Best Venue For Live Music: The Black Sheep
Best Location to Kick Brandon's Ass: Leadville

4 comments:

GZ said...

Best ...

... beer?
... post race locale?
... place to crash for a weekend race?
...

brownie said...

Maybe I'll do my own awards...

As for my favorite local beer, it's a tie between Bristol's Laughing Lab and Trinity Soul. It's a tough decision between those two and much more research is needed...

Brooks said...

Best place to kick JT's ass: Leadville

Brandon Fuller said...

I am sorry. It was my first 100. I will do better.