Monday, October 04, 2010

2011

Not a whole lot going on right now. October is a down month, taking some much needed recovery time. Though the month will see state marathon #9 and, hopefully, my feet and legs are providing the bulk of my transportation as opposed to my truck.

So naturally I've been thinking of what to do next year.

Going to spend Nov, Dec, and Jan trying to finally get a Bolder Boulder A wave qualifier, as well as getting ready for the NOLA marathon on Feb 13th.

Here's the very early tentative plan so far, which is all based on once again striking the lottery at Hardrock. I'd like to finally knock out the 33 hour HR I think I have somewhere in me, I realize I ain't getting any younger.

Mar 15 - Salida Marathon
Mar 26 - 24 hours of Moab
April 15 - Desert Rats 50
May 3 - Collegiate Peaks 50
May 21 - Jemez 50
May 30 - Bolder Boulder
June 4 - Golden Gate 50K
June 15 - San Juan Solstice
July 8 - Hardrock
Aug 20 - Pikes Peak Ascent
Sept 16-18 - Telluride Blues & Brews
Oct 24 - Wisconsin Dells Marathon

Much less racing, and far less traveling, than 2010. Somewhere in there would be the Zion crossing. And everything after August would be geared toward finishing up the rest of the 14ers.

But it's early, so who knows.

9 comments:

GZ said...

WHAT? No Pb?

brownie said...

I'll be out there to pace/crew.

Jesse said...

I can't beat you at any of those races. Give me a chance by putting a few short races on the list.

brownie said...

Lots of local 5K's and 10K's, Rock Canyon, Platte River, Garden 10. I'll have my revenge for our last 10 miler.

mike_hinterberg said...

Nice, will this finally be your first pilgrimage to Wisconsin?

brownie said...

First time to Wisco, and you can bet I'll hit Milwaukee while I'm there!

Jesse said...

we're tied 1-1 now. Assuming I survive Denver marathon, let's meet up at the Rock Canyon half marathon, where you narrowly beat me 2 years ago. I'll be ready for that hill near the end this time.

Maybe we can talk Brandon into coming down too.

brownie said...

Brandon has been avoiding me. He took his loss so hard he left civilization and became a mountain hermit.

Anonymous said...

throw in lake tahoe 100m or miwok 100k..

naresh