Thursday, April 08, 2010

Thurs AM

5 x 4 minutes up Rampart Range Road with the PPRR Sunrise Striders this morning. 8 miles total, 1:16:16. Feeling pretty beat down right now. Lots of soreness. My bum ankle feels worse than normal. Smashed a knuckle or two at the rock gym yesterday. Should probably start my taper after tonights Incline happy hour and tomorrows long run.

On the way down the hill I had to pick up an empty bottle of Flying Dog Tire Bite Golden Ale. Can't believe someone would litter up there, and the only people who drink that stuff are cyclists. I think Leadman Larry should buy me a beer to improve relations between mountain bikers and trail runners...

Had a long talk with my dietician last night. She doesn't like me eating so much bacon. Ugh. At least she didn't harp about my boozing. For the record, yesterday I ate a strawberry (the first time in my life), some broccoli, celery, carrots, a banana, and an apple. I've even had spinach this past week (also for the first time in my life). Except for the apple and banana, I didn't enjoy any of it.

2 comments:

Digger said...

Bacon- a.k.a. "meat candy"

You can't eat too much bacon.Also, did you try dipping the strawberries in chocolate and washing them down with a PBR? They taste much better that way.

Jeremy said...

that's a shitty beer. Thanks for picking up the bottle.

I'll give you some homebrew to improve relations.