Sunday, March 17, 2019

19:20

My streak of underwhelming races continued on Saturday with the St. Pat's 5k.  I knew I wouldn't go sub 18 like I did last year, but I was hoping for 18:30 and at worst a sub 19.  Nope.  After a 5:56 opening mile I just fell apart, finishing with a 6:23 and 6:25.  Oof.  Not sure what was going on, I just couldn't respond with anything after that first mile.  Went through lots of pain, just had nothing to show for it.  But just like with my slow run at Salida, you get what you deserve, and the truth is I'm just in mid 19 shape right now.

This was the first event in the Mad Moose Grand Prix.  I'm signed up for the short series.  Next up is the Rattler 10k on April 13.

After the race $100 and I went and text drove a Wayfarer Walter.  Looks like it's gonna happen soon.  We almost pulled the trigger on Saturday but at a cost of fifty grand we wanted to take a few days to sleep on it.  But we are probably putting in an order on Monday.

For the week:

Run - 24 miles.  Good recovery from Salida and a good effort, if not good result, at the 5k.
Ride - 9.5 miles.   To Elevation Brewing and back from Moonlight.
Hike - 25.6 miles.  Big miles from a long Salida hike with Holly and trying to wear out Moose.

No comments: