Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Turtle on the Track

Back to the track.  Not very pretty.  1.5 mile warm up, 6 x 400m with 200m RBI, 1.5 mile cool down.  93, 94, 93, 92, 85, 82.  Here's a shot of my new coach, who made the trip from Oregon to watch the workout:


He said my times were good, if I were a 6th grade girl who was trying the sport for the first time.  I definitely have some work to do.

Took a hike at the dog park right after work.  There was a guy with a pistol walking around.  And he kept yelling at his poor dog, constantly screaming "I'm gonna fucking shoot my dog."  Loud enough for any children, of which there were many, within a quarter mile to hear.  Typical white trash obese guy.  He wasn't a threat to shoot anything, he was just acting tough because he had a gun.  I don't mind guns, but every time I see something like this I keep hoping they make firearms harder and harder to get.

Stopped counting the number of run/bike/bus commutes.  Been at my job for a month and have only driven to work twice.  60% bike and 40% bus.  I'm close enough that my bike ride takes about as much time as my drive time, so the truck has a lot of inactivity in her future.

No comments: