Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Hump Day

AM - Easy five miles on the Garden roads.  48 minutes.

Lunch - Checked out the summer clearance sale at Mountain Chalet.  Counts as outdoorsey activity since they had a ton of overpriced patagonia shit there.  Didn't buy anything as I know $100 would have killed me.

PM - PPRR newsletter stuffing.  PPRR has sunk to having professional male models on the cover to sell copies.


Expecting this weekends Black Squirrel Half Marathon to be quite the shit show.  Besides not allowing trekking poles, we got an e-mail today that the beer at the finish line will be from the People's Republic of Boulder.  If I wanted to drink pretentious beer from yuppie-ville I would have made plans to visit Boulder, not the Fort.  Who the hell is running the show up there?  With a Boulder influence I assume tomorrows e-mail will explain the requirement that I run with a 14 person film crew following me along the course.  I was getting ready to bail when my dog told me Black Squirrel benefits a great cause.  And I calmed down and grabbed a decent, hence unavailable in Boulder, beer and felt good that all my money will benefit Animal House, the greatest movie of all time.

1 comment:

GZ said...

GOAT.