Friday, August 23, 2013

Fri

Thurs AM - easy five miles on the Garden roads, 48 minutes.

Fri - up late monitoring the flood so no AM run this morning.

Dodged a bullet last night when the rains dropped the main load out east.  Camp Creek had about a foot of water in it but nothing too scary.  We can hear the warning sirens of Manitou and it's pretty eerie when they go off.

Off to see both shows of Dave Matthews after work, and much of my weekend will be spent in Denver.  Think I'm running Bergen Peak on Sunday and then headed to the Denver Bike Cafe to watch the bike race.  Get in touch if anyone wants to join me.


6 comments:

Local Mind Media said...

I'll meet up with you Sunday (wearing skin suit). What time?

brownie said...

The run will start at the Elk Meadow TH at 7:30AM. Cost is $400 and there will be zero schwag or aid stations. You are limited to a crew of 30 for this 12 mile run.

Going to try to hit the Denver Bike Cafe to watch the bike race, but it might get too crowded. I'll text you if we move. Cost is also $400 for nothing, but I might get you a discount if you have a time trial helmet I can borrow.

Local Mind Media said...

It's cool. I have a 200 oz hydration vest that carries Perrier and extra capacity for two crew members.

I'll bring the portable tattoo gun for your new Ironman ink on your calf.

Jim P. said...

I'm right over the ridge from Bergen Peak. Might join you. Lower lot?

brownie said...

Everyone is welcome. I'll check on which lot.

I'm going to run with a sled behind me like those guys in Alaska. Figure I can fit two weeks worth of food in there.

esanche2 said...

Driving directions: Take I70 to exit 252, Evergreeen Parkway/CO74. Take Evergreen Parkway 5mi to the lower lot. You'll see the meadow on the right as you're coming down a long hill. At the light at the bottom of the hill, Lewis Ridge Rd., turn right (it's Bergen Peak Dr. to the right), then right again into the lot.

http://g.co/maps/v98v6