Sunday, February 03, 2013

Saturday

Solid long-ish run yesterday, 17 miles in 2:15.  Included a stop at the two mile Nielsen Challenge where I ran 12:41.

After that, $100 and I headed north to meet Ryan K and hit up the American Mountaineering Museum in Golden.  Pretty cool place, definitely worth checking out if you're in the area.  If I lived closer I'd join the American Alpine Club just to use the library there.

While in Golden we also hit a new burger joint, Bob's Atomic Burgers (I'll be back!), revisited one of my favorite breweries, Golden City, and hit up the newest brewery in town - Cannonball Creek.  Golden is slated to open four new breweries in 2013!  Cannonball Creek sits near the 7-11 that everyone stops at on their way to Golden Gate Canyon, so I'll definitely be stopping there on my way home from the Dirty Thirty this year.



Then it was off to Denver to celebrate stout month at another new brewery for me - the Vine Street Pub.  Timko had been facebook stalking me all day and finally caught up here.

Of course, no trip to Denver is complete without dropping by the best bar in the world, Sancho's Broken Arrow.  Cheap booze and the most fantastic jukebox of all time.


All this, and it was 60F.  In February.  Great way to blow a Saturday here on the front range.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Solid outing.

I guess you like the Steelers today?

GZ said...

Wow ... http://www.runcolo.com/content/weekend-results-february-3rd-4th-1339/

mtnrunner2 said...

I'm only qualified to talk about beer, but I went to Cannonball Creek and -- damn! But from former Mountain Sun folks, what do you expect?