Thursday, February 28, 2013

books



Since my days of winning awards for running are long gone, I turned my attention to another pursuit:
reading. Last night I picked up a sweet coffee mug for completing the Pikes Peak Library District Winter
Reading Challenge. That’s right, illiterate bitches, I’ve already plowed through EIGHT books in 2013!


Those books were all OK. I just don’t get the boner for reading that others do. I’d much rather drink a
beer, or run on a trail, or not be one of those losers who reads all the time, than read a book.

Here’s the goods. I’m going to mail this (she only gets the mug, I'm keeping the fries) to a friend of mine who is the Head Librarian (I love saying that!) at a library in Pittsburgh. As I was picking up my mug last night, I actually told that to the librarian in Old Colorado City, adding “Did you know they had libraries in Pittsburgh too?” He gave me quite the odd look and I’m pretty sure I ended up as the FB status on the library page.


4 comments:

brownie said...

I guess my next book should be on how to format a blog post.

waldo said...

You are probably regularly a FB status for your librarians.

Feets of Pedestrianism said...

Does anybody else find it suspicious that JT's thumb is covering up the 1st name in that photo?

Rob Timko said...

I read 1-2 a week usually. If someone rewarded me with Wendy's, I'd read more.