Saturday, February 16, 2013

Garden Tempo/Commute #15

The rare Saturday at the office.  Blech.

One mile warm up, four miles hard, 1.2 miles cool down.  OK on the tempo portion, but my mind wandered at times so it wasn't my best workout ever.  My final mile was sub eight and included jumping into the bushes to take a crap, I think that's a PR for me.

Right after the run I hopped on the bike to work.  I could use some work on my transition: I changed clothes, fed the dogs, checked facebook, sent a few e-mails, and drank two cups of coffee in between the run and the bike.

New brewery coming to Woodland Park.  Ute Pass Brewing.  Will make WP a town of 7500 with three breweries.  And Pikes Peak is now featured on the logos of two breweries.  I believe no other mountain in the world has this distinction*!


*I did absolutely no research whatsoever to verify that claim.

2 comments:

mike_hinterberg said...

Cool logo and interesting observation.*

* So, do you think that's Wilson Pk in the Telluride Brewing logo? I think so. Plus Coors...Boom.

brownie said...

Coors has a trademark on Wilson Peak, so it's gotta be some other mountain. In face, Coors lawyers are probably going to sue you for that comment.