Friday, November 07, 2008

new policy

Got this nugget from $100's sister quite some time ago, I thought it was one of the best ideas ever but kinda forgot about it 'till lately, since I've had wedding invites pouring in.

Concerning wedding gifts, I am going to politely postpone giving any until that couple celebrates their 5th wedding anniversary. Shouldn't be much of a big deal, since marriage is such a sacred institution and five years out of an entire life spent together is but an eyeblink.

7 comments:

ESPN said...

That is a great idea. My best friend was in two weddings the summer we got married. The other girl spent $20,000 on her wedding and made my best friend buy an expensive bridesmaid's dress. The couple has been divorced for 2 years now. There is no guarantee that if you wait it will make a difference but still. At least you can say, congrats on staying together for awhile!

Pittchick said...

So, my 5th was last year and I don't recall getting anything from you...

Smut Mutt said...

Not bad... Why not buy a US savings bond and tell them it's their's when it matures (7 years). Just in time for the 7-year itch...

Not So Silent Bob said...

hell my brother would have lost out on gifts twice then

brownie said...

The point is not to make a difference, but to get out of buying wedding presents. It's pure genius too, since the married couple can't really say anything to me about it.

I'm going to write Obama and see about the prospects of a huge divorce tax.

Pittchick, I wasn't invited to your wedding.

Pittchick said...

No, that is not correct. You were invited, but you didn't come. There's a difference.

Gaslight ;-) said...

All this talk of weddings makes you sound like a girl!