Tuesday, November 25, 2008

here we go again...

The last four weeks have seen me average almost 50 miles per, though very few of those miles are anything to brag about (only the CRUD hill climbs, the Incline, and Rim Rock were worth mentioning). It's been rough holding back, especially due to some of my friends still hard at it with races.

But, that all changes this weekend!

Saturday is the CRUD long run and Sunday is the first Incline Club run of the season, and I plan to be at both of 'em. I'd like to bump the mileage up over the next few weeks and stay between 80 and 90 per week until the Colorado winter starts to leave, hopefully mid-March or so. I'll have a few races in there to keep me motivated through the crappy weather, though this time of year will be devoted to building a good base for the fun stuff in the summer.

I'll also start trying to watch my diet somewhat, though this always seems to be a losing battle for me (note: this does not start 'till Saturday, so 'till then the mozzarella cheetos are fair game!). I've ballooned up to about 177 pounds. I'd like to drop down to about 170 for the winter and then 160 for the planned HR/Pb double.

My beer drinking habits, of course, will remain unchanged.

4 comments:

aka Moogy said...

Awesome dude. I see that you have Wasatch on your list next year. I might enter the lotto as well. Are you on Team Traverse now? Have fun this weekend!!

brownie said...

I wanna take another shot at the Hardrock/Leadville double, but that all depends on getting into HR. Not sure what I'll do if I don't get in, but Wasatch is a possibility if that happens. So is Bighorn. We'll see.

No, that's Pete's shirt that he left here when he did Imogene.

Jessi said...

You'll probably drop a few pounds when you cut off all your nasty dirty hippie hair.

katie said...

leave the dirty hippie hair...it'll go great with my collapsible hoola hoop:)