Wednesday, November 26, 2008

good luck turkey trotters!

Lots of friends out there doing their annual tradition of running the local Turkey Trot. I started running every turkey day at the Run for the Diamonds, the nation's second oldest race behind the Boston marathon, way back around 1991. It was one of the only things that could get me to travel back to visit the family when I was at Pitt. I've also done turkey trots in Philadelphia and Austin. I've never actually run the Briargate YMCA Turkey Trot 5K here in Colorado, though I have volunteered there at both Thanksgiving days I've been here (counting tomorrow - where I'll be helping run the finish line).

Some of you are trying for PR's and some of you only run one day each year, but good luck to everyone. Tried to google a good pic of a turkey running, but I couldn't find any decent ones. So instead, here's a pic of Jessica Alba:


2 comments:

PlaysByEar said...

Thanks!

I already had to face the challenge of getting up this morning after too much LJs last night. There's some race prep for ya

Jessi said...

Yay for race volunteers!

Happy T Day!