Friday, September 12, 2008

woohooo!

Started a great weekend off in a great way - up and down the incline in a driving rain!

Think I'm gonna take the rest of September off from running. Busted up my heel pretty good at Imogene (ironically, on the downhill portion, where I was running easy to avoid any injuries). It's not too bad, but since I really have no major races planned 'till November (the Rim Rock Run in Grand Junction) I figure I'll play it safe. I could use the break anyways.

In other news, I'm seriously giving thought to trying the newest retarded hash challenge: 100 beers, 100 miles, 100 hours. Sounds so easy, right? Luckily I'm single, so I'll be able to schedule a nice block of time over Christmas to attempt this.

Off to Telluride soon, gonna be a killer end to a great summer. Tonight's highlights are Canned Heat, John Hiatt, and my ex-girlfriend Susan Tedeschi (we had to break up when she started whining about having kids - I was just in it for the sex). Tomorrow it's possibly one of my favorite line-ups ever, with Trampled Under Foot, Big Sam's Funky Nation, G Love & Special Sause, the John Butler Trio, and Gov't Mule. Sunday I'll catch Derek Trucks. The Dirty Dozen Brass Band and the Blind Boys of Alabama will be out there jammin' too! All that, as well as a hike back Bear Creek Canyon (part of the Hardrock course), my first grub at "Baked in Telluride," and all the microbreweries that'll be at the festival. Good times!

No comments: