Tuesday, September 23, 2008

176!

I reluctantly stepped on the scale yesterday and stared down a dumpy looking 176 pounds! Yikes, I've gained ten pounds since Leadville! Guess that'll happen when you go from 80+ mile weeks to this string of athletic prowess:

Aug 18-24: 6.4 miles
Aug 25-31: 11.7 miles
Sept 1-7: 4.0 miles
Sept 8-14: 4.0 miles
Sept 15-21: 15 miles

Guess biking to work just isn't going to cut it. Plus, even though this was a rest period, other activities, mostly hiking some 14ers, have left my body in shambles. I have a huge golf ball sized lump under my right knee from falling on Holy Cross, and my heel still hurts like hell (I think from Imogene). My legs just have that general feeling of having been run over by a bus. I need to start running again to heal myself up! On a good note, I'm menatlly ready to fire things back up and have made peace with myself over the Leadville DNF. And by "peace" I mean that I'm going to train even harder and get that big buckle next year, hopefully after completing Hardrock the month before.

Out the door before 5AM for a nice five miler, not a bad start...

7 comments:

Rafael said...

That looks like my weekly mileage!

Carie said...

Drink for whining you pussy.

Jessi said...

That looks like my weekly mileage, too!!

And I totally knew you'd keep doing 100s.

Anonymous said...

dude-i hear ya! i'm afraid to weigh myself. gonna bite the bullet and jump on the scale tomorrow. hopefully it will kick my ass into gear!

GrannyLingus said...

So much for " I'm never doing 100 milers again" Well what ever helps support your I refuse to get old attitude go for it and while your at it next time you hit Pit have a Permani brothers sandwich for me will ya.

UltraRob said...

In 2006 I was training 20-30 hours a week for the Race Across America. After the race I dropped to riding 2-3 hours a week. I ended up gaining 30 pounds in 6 months. I'm still trying to get it back off.

Smut Mutt said...

LardAss!