Friday, January 18, 2019

Canon City

Had a few days off work so the dog and I took the van down to Canon City for a quick overnight. 

Had big hiking plans but they were changed when we saw how much snow was still on the trials.  First stop was Oil Well Flats where we managed a 5k walk through mud and snow. 


Of course no trip to Fremont County is complete without a stop at Florence Brewing.


Then it was off to spend the night at the Royal Gorge.  Had a good night hike on some of the dirt roads there.  After a few beers it was off to bed early.


We came across this on our Fri morning hike up to the radio tower overlooking everything.  Somebody in Canon had a good time.


2 comments:

Kieran McCarthy said...

Welcome to my world.

And by that I mean trudging through snow every time I step out my door. Not the sex and whiskey.

The Padre said...

Dog Says , " Phuc Yes!"

Well Done Brother Pitt