Tuesday, September 18, 2018

weekend

One helluva weekend.

On Friday after running into a bear I headed up to Red Rocks for a night of my favorite band. Gov't Mule.  A quick set from Warren, a long set of Mule, and a super long set of Mule doing Pink Floyd.  Incredible performance.  We now have a shuttle that runs from COS to Red Rocks and let me tell you it's the best feeling ever not to have to worry about driving home after RR shows.





We were watching our other dog, Moose, this weekend.  So early Saturday morning $100 and I took them for a long hike in Sondermann Park.  Holly is over ten years old now and naps a lot.  Moose is two and doesn't sleep at all, but after our hike that changed for a few hours.


Then I was off to the Garden for some climbing.  Had a blast, though I still suck at this climbing thing.  Did make it up Cowboy Boot Crack since there was a top rope and I didn't have to place any protection.  Had a great afternoon playing around in my backyard park.



After climbing $100, Nacheaux, and I headed over to Front Range BBQ to see Chauncy Crandall.  Then we stopped by another pub to catch the Tejon Street Corner Thieves.  Two back to back very late nights for this old man!



On Sunday, perhaps inspired by the new marathon world record, I went up to the track for some 400m repeats.  Just did not feel like running long, but the hard effort was good for me.  Then it was up to the Air Force Academy for a soccer game.  Our cadet is a goalie, though she currently just rides the pine behind the current senior keeper.  I know nothing about soccer, so we watched a bunch of chicks kick a ball around without kicking it into the goal, and AF tied Gonzaga 0-0.  After two overtimes.  




I feel like I crammed a month's worth of stereotypical Colorado stuff into this three day weekend.  Good times!

No comments: