Tuesday, December 01, 2015

chilly water

With the opening of Red Leg, I don't go to Trinity as much as I used to.  But there are a few days of the year I look forward to going there for specific beer releases.  One of those is Black Friday, when the Chilly Water is released.

As you may have heard, there was a shooting in our village a few days ago.  The shooting was about two miles from my house.  Less than 200 meters from where BLOS lives (I got in touch with him to make sure he was OK, and no surprise that he was in the Royal Tavern while all this was going on).  Involved the King Soopers which is one of three supermarkets $100 and I use (I was on orders to go there for meatballs once I was done drinking at Trinity).  And about a mile from Trinity and Red Leg.

Marc and I had plans to visit Trinity that day, and after talking we decided that not going to drink some beer  would mean the terrorists had won.  And this is 'Merica, god damnit, and the terrorists will never win!  Except on last Friday, when we got to Trinity and the place was closed.  This sign was on the door:


Ha, just kidding.  Evil will never win over goodness.  I still got my chilly water, as someone brought some bottles to my house later that evening:


The stuff is so good!

After being denied at Trinity we went down to Red Leg.  Quite surreal watching the news there report on something happening pretty much right across the street.



No comments: