Thursday, December 24, 2015

2016

2016 is falling into place nicely.  I haven't had much physical activity since the NYC marathon on November 1, and I'm looking forward to getting my ass back in shape.  Here are the big ones I have planned for the next year:

March 12 - Salida Marathon
April 16 - Rattler 50K
May 7 - Collegiate Peaks
June 4 - Dirty Kanza
June 25 - Lake City 50
Aug 20/21 - Pikes Double (sub three hour Ascent!)
Sept 3/4 - Grand Traverse
Oct 16 - Mount Desert Island Marathon

I will be racing a lot due to the Brewers' Cup.  Tons of low key, local, shorter races.  Nielsen Challenge, Winter/Fall Series, Full Moon Runs.  And I'll be running the Triple Crown (GOG 10 miler, Summer Roundup, Pikes Peak) again.  Lots of 5Ks as well, as I want to get back down below 18 minutes.

Total numbers goals will be 3650 miles biking and 2263 miles running (10K a day).  And, of course, 50 Inclines.  I know I have that goal every year but 2016 will be the year I finally make it!

I'll also be looking to try 50 different types/brands of whiskey and documenting that on the blog.  This will start over x-mas on the trip to Florida, as we are opening a bottle of the Stranahan's Snowflake!

There's also this:

Sept 10 - Pitt/PSU

Making a trip back to the 'burgh to watch my beloved Pitt Panthers crush PSUcks.  Will be the first time I've ever seen these two play.  Can't friggin' wait!  My early prediction: Pitt - 432, PSU - 16.

Will also be making a trip back to Wisconsin.  Might be the last time there for me, as the in-laws are in the process of retiring to Florida.  Driving back, so I'll be bringing home a lifetime supply of New Glarus and Surly beer.

2 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

I've said this to you before but that Maine marathon is going to be great. If you've never been to Acadia I'm sure you're going to love it. If the legs aren't too tired do some hiking. Fantastic place to be in the fall.

James said...

The races look great, but I'm more interested in your whiskey experiment. So many whiskey options, so I'll be interested to see your take, as our taste in IPAs is normally pretty much on par.