Sunday, November 23, 2014

beer 325 & 326


Local favorite Red Leg Brewing and River North Brewery out of Denver got together and made some beer.  The result was the West of Ardennes Imperial Brown Ale and it was a damn fine brew.  They had the release on Friday at Wild Goose and now you can get it on tap at the two breweries.

Hockey weekend around the house.  After a few beers at Wild Goose, $100 and I headed down to the World Arena to watch Colorado College beat the tar out of Wisconsin.  Lots of loud and rowdy Wisky fans at the beginning, but they got shut up quick.

Saturday morning was the annual Pikes Peak Road Runners Turkey Trot Predict.  You predict your time and then have to try to run that time without a watch. I guessed 19:30 for me, knowing that would make me work hard.  Pretty sure my first mile was under six, so I had to slow down to get closer to my time.  Ended up running 19:44, which didn't get me anywhere close to the top seven.


But fear not, I will get to eat on Thanksgiving!  $100 was only 1.6 seconds off her predicted time of thirty minutes, which got her third place and a large turkey!  So if anyone is hungry this Thursday, head on down to the Royal Tavern in Manitou to celebrate with us.


Photos stolen from Pikes Peak Sports.

Awesome post race happy hour at 503 West.  Then desert at 517 West (Benny's).  Then it was time to head up north to Clune Arena to catch the Air Force/Colorado College hockey game.

Had some awesome seats, right behind the Air Force bench.  I was rooting for Air Force and I was not disappointed as they beat up on CC most of the night.  The game is for the Pikes Peak Trophy, given to the team who wins the championship for Colorado Springs.

Had a mascot sighting.


Like I said, we were right behind the AF bench, so close we could hear the guys talking to each other about game strategy.  This would have been a lot more awesome if I actually knew anything about hockey.




Hockey trivia: the zamboni for Air Force games is called Ice Force One.

After the game we hit up Red Leg for a pint of the limited 1812 Smoked Maple Porter.  Good stuff.


No comments: