Wednesday, November 05, 2014

beer 308


Point The Way IPA from Golden Road Brewing in Los Angeles.  Meh.

Been catching up on some reading during the offseason.  Finally finished this nugget:


Great book, and you don't have to be a river rat to enjoy it.  If you like the Grand Canyon, or even just outdoor adventure, you should definitely check it out.  This will be made into a movie someday, and you'll then be able to be one of those folks who says, "oh, the book was so much better...."

Also finished this one, which I picked up at the LT100 bike:


Decent read, and Ms. Rusch seems pretty cool, but these kind of books are hard for me to plow through in this day and age of blogs.  Basically, "I did a race.  It was sooooo hard but I pushed through it and learned all about myself and my friends in the process."  Maybe someday I'll write a book about how to take really hard races and make them easy by going very, very slow. 

Wednesday AM, 6.4 mile loop on the Garden roads.  Sure do love starting my days off in the Garden.


3 comments:

James said...

Your book would be entertaining, could be like your blog, a collection of very short stories followed by a review of the beer you consumed the most of before, during and after the particular story.

brownie said...

The only things I've ever done that are exciting enough for a book I can't remember because I was drunk.

Jeff Valliere said...

Loved the Emerald Mile. Starts off a bit slow with all the back story, but I found all of that really interesting and then the record setting run was epic.