Tuesday, September 02, 2014

beer 242

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...


Having trouble remembering which day was which over the weekend, it was such a great time.

On Saturday $100 and I got up early and rode our bikes down to Buses At The Brewery, an annual showcase of vehicles you can live in down at Bristol Brewery.  Obviously Mass Transit was the main choice of brew, but I also had a pint of the seasonal Red Baron Octoberfest.

Some awesome vehicles at the show, but I'm still not sold on the idea of having one of these old vans.  Seems like most folks who own one of these spend more time working on them than driving them.








After Bristol we headed downtown for the Nickel Creek show.  Loves me some NC, but as an added bonus we got to see Nederland's own Elephant Revival open.  My first time seeing those guys, and they didn't disappoint.  As they were leaving the stage they mentioned they'd be back in town during the Christmas break.  Boom!


I've seen Nickel Creek quite a few times, including once at a record store in Austin, but this was definitely the best show I've seen them put on.  So glad they came to the Springs again.  And for once our village got a decent show that wasn't on a school night!


1 comment:

mtnrunner2 said...

I could run uphill faster than a VW Vanagon can drive it.

But yeah, I can see the point of living out of a rolling home. Kind of fascinated by the tiny house thing as well i.e. http://tinyhouseblog.com/. Some creativity there.