Tuesday, April 08, 2014

beer #96


On Sunday after the Platte River Half we dropped by the Old Mill Brewery in Littleton.  It blows my mind how some of these places can stay in business, as this beer was pretty awful.

Platte River Half was a good test for me and I think it went pretty well.  1:29:06 officially.  Tried to remember the last time I ran a sub seven minute mile, and I think it was back in late December at the Pueblo Bird five miler when I threw down a 34 flat.  The good news is that if I use the calculator that GZ uses to predict fitness, I could drop a 3:44 mile and a 2:05 marathon.  Watch your back, Bekele!

2 comments:

GZ said...

Now just run that performance through the Paul Ryan converter ...

mike_hinterberg said...

I had looked up Old Mill after you mentioned it, and the reviews seemed far from glowing. The post-race food and beer seemed like a good option.
Nice job for both of you out there! J's not very chatty at the end of things but was happy to see KT, and couldn't walk fast enough to catch up to her after the finish. (Where was her lousy husband?!) By the time we got back to Littleton it was pretty much nap time.