Sunday, April 13, 2014

beer #102


One of my favorite non-Colorado breweries for sure.

Ran the PPRR Tortoise and Hare 5K this morning.  How messed up is it that Simon G, who GZ doesn't think belongs in the hall of fame, got a six second head start on me?  Needless to say, I didn't catch him.  But I had a goal of going sub 20, and I ran 19:05, so not too bad a race for me.  Thanks to Tim at Pikes Peak Sports for the pic:



After the run I headed over to Cheyenne Mountain State Park on the bike.  A bit technical for me, but it gets me out of my comfort zone so I'm sure I'll go back.  20 miles, three hours.  Here's my bike by the infamous "Paper Beats Rock" tree:


As I was out crushin' me some KOM's, I turned a corner and almost hit a turkey.  That could have been ugly.  A bit later I saw some deer in the trail.  I yelled, "strava, STRAVA, STRAAAAAAAVA!!!" but they just looked at me like, "Dude, we don't use the internet, we don't even know what strava is."  Damn wildlife, always getting in the way of KOMs.


4 comments:

GZ said...

Pretty messed up, but don't they do that handicap off age and weight or something? Time to break out your old fake ID and put some rocks in your pockets for weigh in.

brownie said...

Sex, age, weight, and height. The winner of the race was a 53 year old female who ran 21:18. Simon was second and ran 16:29. Peter ran 16:25 and took tenth.

GZ said...

Pretty solid time by that lady. Did Peter run the fastest on the day?

So, if you ran two and a half minutes slower than Gute, what place did that land you?

brownie said...

Peter was the fastest, him and Simon were significantly quicker than everyone else. Next fastest was 17:21. Obviously those two are doping.

I was 15th at the race, think I was about ninth fastest on the day.