Monday, April 29, 2013

weekend

Good times all around this weekend.

Had a solid long run at the Cheyenne Mountain 50K, finishing in 5:19:12.  Wanted to run a steady effort the entire way, and I accomplished that.  Of course, keeping an easy effort on the final eight miles meant slowing down quite a bit.  Everyone was complaining about the heat, rightfully so, but in a few weeks we'll all be longing for the days where it only got into the mid-70s.  My last easy effort at this race was in 2011 and I finished in 6:32.  Feel like I'm a little bit ahead in where I want to be for Hardrock.


Hit Bristol Brewing after the race with Shad, Nick P, and Liz.  Shad and Nick both admitted that Bristol is hands down better than any brewery in Boulder.

Incline Club on Sunday.  Four hours of time on my feet.  Included a slog up Longs Ranch and Incline # 27 on the year.  I think every single person in Colorado Springs did the Incline on Sunday.

Sunday evening we had a group run to show off the Garden loop of our upcoming strava challenge.  Good turnout followed by beers at Trinity.  The loop is 5.8 miles if any of yunz outta towners want to come try your luck.

Had my ass handed to me by arch nemesis Amanda at CM.  And for once I actually have no excuse for the whoopin'.  Good on her, but we do have a showdown at Jemez looming.


Definitely progress though, as at least now I'm losing to girls my own age.  Unlike some people...


No comments: